- ATMac - ATMac covers all Apple products with a slant towards disability. We have an interest in users with a disability, adaptive and assistive technology, and making accessible programs and content. We aim to cover all Apple products including all Mac OS X computers - the iMac, MacBook, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, and older models; the iPod range; the iPhone and iPod Touch; and other products such as the Apple TV and Apple Remote Control.
(Added: 10-Dec-2008 Hits: 730)
- Disability Specific Online Bookstore - abilitybooks.com.au is a new disability specific online bookstore. You can find a range of books on many topics and for everyone. If you cannot find what you are looking for then email email@example.com and they will try to find what you are looking for.
(Added: 30-Jul-2009 Hits: 590)
- Disabled World - Disabled World News covers all types of disability and reviews products of interest to the disabled and elderly members of the community.
(Added: 28-Jul-2008 Hits: 960)
- Inclusion - Free Disability, DDA and Occupational Therapy advice.
(Added: 12-Jan-2009 Hits: 706)
- Livewire - Livewire is a safe and fun online community for young people aged 10-21 who are living with a serious illness, chronic condition or disability.
Livewire was developed by the Starlight Children's Foundation to provide a supportive place for young people to hang out, connect, share experiences, creatively express themselves and know that they are not alone. Chat hosts and moderators trained in adolescent health issues ensure that Livewire remains a supportive, safe and fun place 7 days a week. Livewire is working with the Australian Federal Police to make certain all members of Livewire remain safe while engaging with the community.
Livewire members can:
•Hang out in chat rooms and meet people their own age from all over Australia
•Create a blog
•Play games and engage in socially supportive and positive interaction with peers
•Enter competitions and win awesome prizes
•Keep up with the latest news, reviews and interviews
(Added: 19-Aug-2009 Hits: 507)
- Northern Support Services - Leisurelinks program providing respite options for carers over 65 caring for someone over 25. These include friendship groups, recreational activities, weekends away and overnight stays in our respite house in Thornbury. The choice is yours.
(Added: 13-Oct-2008 Hits: 726)
- Toowoomba & District MS Support Group - The MS Support Group is a separate body but allied with MS.Qld. The aim is to increase opportunity and awareness of MS, and good management for individuals. The MS Group addresses issues pertaining to our local area faced by people with disabilities, in order to promote equity, and reduce poverty and suffering.
The objectives of Toowoomba & District MS Support Group are:-
To actively promote the well-being, health and social participation of people with MS.
To lobby governments for better services, hospital and home care for people with MS, as well as facilities for young people with MS.
To advocate on all issues of concern to people with MS.
To invite scientific research from all MS Centres of the globe, forwarding relevant information to members via newsletter and website.
Provide support, information and education about MS to the community, the medical fraternity and people with MS and their families.
Provide support to individuals through small funding grants covering medical equipment, taxis, doctors, physios, air-conditioning and insulation.
Provide replacement equipment for short term loan to those in need, such as:- 2 electric transportable wheelchairs, which are for use in the home. A replacement charger suitable for 3-pin chairs or scooters. A light folding walker with seat. A light collapsible manual wheelchair.
Produce information about local disabled access, toilets, parking, doctors, hospitals etc.
Provide social outings, such as bus trips and lunches for group members and their families and friends.
Produce a newsletter that goes out over a large area of Eastern Queensland and northern New South Wales, publishing local news as well as research and management information from all over the globe.
Provide water therapy at the great Baillie Henderson indoor therapy pool five mornings a week.
Access to other exercise programmes that are available at different times of the year.
The MS Support Group is a non-profit organisation which runs entirely on donations and self-funding. Meetings are held in the MS Theatre & Dance Hall, USQ grounds, Steele Rudd Drive, off Baker St., Toowoomba, on the third Wednesday of the month at 10.30am.
(Added: 9-Aug-2008 Hits: 736)